For the latest updates and information in response to COVID-19, please click here.
There is considerable guidance available to help healthcare professionals
provide appropriate advice and support for their patients during this time.
Patients with no symptoms of COVID-19 infection should be advised not to stop or reduce their
medication, unless advised by their doctor.
Patients who have a routine rheumatology appointment coming up should check with their
rheumatology care team to determine if a face-to-face appointment is essential, or if it can be safely
postponed or carried out remotely.
Patients who experience symptoms of COVID-19 infection should stay at home and contact their
rheumatology care team for guidance on any adjustments to their RA treatment.
Check patients are up to date with vaccinations, in line with the national immunisation schedule.2
Updates for healthcare professionals on
COVID-19 are issued by the NHS at: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/
Patients should check and follow NHS
recommendations on COVID-19 at:
The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
(NRAS) also provides information and
updates for the RA community at:
The Society’s COVID-19 guidance for
rheumatologists can be found at:
NICE has released a COVID-19 rapid
guideline for the management of
rheumatological autoimmune, inflammatory
and metabolic bone disorders, available at:
We’re not making visits right now, but be assured your local Nordic Pharma
representative is still available to support you and your patients.
The advice given is the most up to date at the time of writing,
but we advise you to check NHS and government advice regularly
for any updates.
1. EULAR Guidance for patients COVID-19 outbreak.Available at:https://www.eular.org/eular_guidance_for_patients_covid19_outbreak.cfm. Last accessed: April 2020.
2. UK immunisation schedule: the green book, chapter 11. Available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immunisation-schedule-the-green-book-chapter-11. Last accessed: April 2020.
3. NHS. Coronavirus guidance for clinicians and NHS managers. Available at: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/. Last accessed: April 2020.
4. NHS. Advice for everyone. Coronavirus (COVID-19). Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. Last accessed: April 2020.
5. NRAS. Coronavirus: What we know so far. Available at: https://www.nras.org.uk/news/coronavirus-what-we-know-so-far. Last accessed: April 2020.
6. British Society for Rheumatologists. COVID-19: guidance for rheumatologists. Available at: https://www.rheumatology.org.uk/News-Policy/Details/Covid19-Coronavirus-update-members. Last accessed: April 2020.
7. NICE guideline 167. COVID-19 rapid guideline: rheumatological autoimmune, inflammatory and metabolic bone disorders. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng167. Last accessed: April 2020.